Summary: With general supervision, sets-up the proper tooling needed to operate the manual lathe, straightening press and annealing machine per job specifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reads work orders and follows the specific work requirements and machining instructions according to customer specifications.
2. Disassembles ball nuts from shafts and marks the appropriate locations.
3. Drills small centering holes in shafts using the manual lathe.
4. Anneals shafts to their specified length and depth
5. Straightens shafts according to job specifications.
6. Visually inspects each competed part. Removes and sets aside all non-conforming products as per inspection control plan.
7. Performs routine maintenance on lathe, straightening press and annealing machines.
8. Completes required job tickets.
9. Works with Assemblers and Inspectors to resolve any quality issues as needed.
10. Reports all non-conforming parts to their supervisor.
11. Loads individual parts per job specifications into their designated storage areas.
12. Maintains a safe, clean and organized work area.
13. Performs other work duties or functions as assigned.
14. Cleans parts when finished
Physical and Visual Activities/Demands:
1. Standing, walking, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, reading, writing and talking
2. Carrying and/or Lifting up to 70 pounds
Job Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to continuously lift, reach, stand, push, pull, and walk throughout the day
2. Ability to read drawings with geometric dimensioning and tolerances
3. Good vision
4. Meticulous attention to detail
5. Good written and verbal communication skills
6. Good manual dexterity and agility
7. Strong basic math skills
1. High school Diploma or equivalent
2. 1-year previous machining experience required
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
1. Inspection measuring instruments (tape measure, calipers, height and test gages), power tools, computer.
1. Exposure to heat, oils, fumes, greases and constant moderate noise
Please submit resumes to [email protected]
Or call us at 847-742-0224 for more information.
|Job Category||Machine Operator|