Hiring an Inspector in the South Elgin area.
1st shift: 7am-3:30pm
Pay Rate: $14-$18/hr. Depending on Experience
Job Summary: Perform detailed dimensional and visual inspections on finished, in process, or incoming parts according to defined criteria.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform dimensional and visual inspections with precision measuring instruments
- Prepare Final Inspection documents or reports for internal use
- Report on discrepancies
- Inspects and or approves incoming material as needed
- Calibrate and qualify measurement equipment
- Maintain all inspection equipment including measuring instruments, granite tables and blocks, and all other equipment in department
- Keep inspection area clean
- Conceptual Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Use measuring instruments including but not limited to inside/outside micrometers, calipers, Vernier calipers, dial indicators, thread gages, hardness tester, surface finish tester, manual CMM
- Attention to Detail
- Able to use measuring instruments
- Familiar with MS Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel
- Able to read blueprints
- Basic mathematic skills (test required)
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use material moving equipment
- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you. Must be able to communicate clearly
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or call us at 847-742-0224 for more information.