Source One is currently hiring for a 2nd shift material handler position at a plastics company located in Elgin.
Job Purpose: Material Handler is responsible for moving all raw material and supplies to the molding machines before a job is to start and returning all leftover material back into stock when job is completed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the movement of items to and from the Staging Area, making of chutes if required. the tumbling of raw material and color, and filling and emptying machine hoppers as needed
- Document inventory movement via IQMS
- Move all raw materials and supplies to the molding machines; return all raw materials and supplies to the return to stock staging area with correct labels
- Record finished goods production weight counts
- Move finished goods to warehouse.
- Responsible for cleaning all hoppers and grinders, machines, work areas and production floors; responsible for emptying all garbage cans as needed and at the end of the shift
- Assist Production Assistants in giving Operator breaks as needed
- Report any quality concerns to the Quality Supervisor.
- Assist with labeling production when requested
- Immediately clean up any material, oil, water and any other hazards on the production floor
- Assist with inventory as needed.
Requirements and Years of Experience:
– High School diploma, GED or 12 years formal education preferred.
– Experience in Injection Molding or manufacturing environment.
– Ability to read and write in English.
– Ability to communicate in English with all levels of management.
– Good basic math skills.
– Must be able to safely and competently operate fork lift.
– Able to lift at least 60+ pounds.
Please submit resumes to: [email protected]
Or call us at 847-742-0224 for more information.
Visit us at your nearest location:
810 N. La Fox St. South Elgin IL. 60177
136 W. Washington St. West Chicago IL. 60177
|Job Category||Material Handler|